Our Sleep Physicians diagnose, treat and manage a wide range of sleep disorders, and are committed to providing you with the highest level of quality and care.
before your appointment
Please note you will need a referral from your GP or Specialist prior to making an appointment to see one of our Sleep Physicians.
Our team can assist you to make sure you have the necessary referral as this in turn will help us set aside adequate time for your consultation.
Please send us your referral in one of the following ways:
- Fax on 02 6285 1608
- Post to Canberra Sleep Clinic, 24/70 Kent Street, Deakin, ACT 2600
- Email to email@example.com
Once we receive your referral, we’ll contact you within 1 business day to provide you with further information, discuss your appointment options, inform you of the relevant fees and answer any other questions you may have. You will then be sent a confirmation letter confirming all of these details.
what to bring to your appointment
Please bring the following items to your appointment:
- A completed New Patient Questionnaire
- Your original doctor’s referral
- Medicare card
- Private Health Fund information including excess (if applicable)
- A list of your current medications including any respiratory medications
- Any CPAP equipment (mask, machine) you currently have
- Any prior x-rays, pathology results, scans and/or reports
how to pay for your consultation
The cost of your consultation is payable in full at the time of the consultation.
- Payment may be made by EFTPOS, credit card, cheque or money order, however please note that we do not accept any cash payments at any time.
We are also able to send a direct claim to Medicare on your behalf as they will refund you a proportion of the consultation fee. Your rebate will then be directly transferred to your nominated bank account within 48 hours.
- In accordance with Medicare legislation, a current Doctor’s referral is required to obtain a Medicare rebate (see more on referrals here).