The Canberra Sleep Clinic Doctors are medical specialists who are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of sleep conditions. Our specialists are committed to providing you with the highest level of quality and care.
before your appointment
Before making an appointment, you will need a referral, which can be obtained from your GP or Specialist (see more on referrals here). The Canberra Sleep Clinic team are happy to work with you to make sure that an acceptable referral is in place.
All patient referrals are then reviewed to ensure adequate time is allowed for your appointment.
To achieve this, we request that you send us your referral prior to making an appointment, in one of the following ways:
- By Fax to 02 6285 1608
- By Post to Canberra Sleep Clinic, 24/70 Kent Street, Deakin, ACT 2600
- By Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will contact you via the contact details on your referral. We aim to do this as soon as possible to discuss your appointment options, inform you of the relevant fees and answer any other questions you may have. You will then be sent a confirmation letter confirming all of these details.
what to bring to your appointment
It is advised that you also bring the following to your appointment:
- A completed New Patient Questionnaire
- Your original doctor’s referral
- Medicare Care Card
- Private Health Fund information including excess (if applicable)
- A list of your current medications including any respiratory medications
- Any CPAP equipment (mask, machine) you currently have
- Any prior x-rays, pathology results, scans and/or reports
The cost of your consultation is payable in full at the time of the consultation. Payment may be made by EFTPOS, credit card, cheque or money order. Please also note that we are a cashless premises and do not accept any cash payments, at any time.
We are also able to send a direct claim to Medicare on your behalf as they will refund you a proportion of the consultation fee. Your rebate will then be directly transferred to your nominated bank account within 48 hours.
In accordance with Medicare legislation, a current Doctor’s referral is required to obtain a Medicare rebate (see more on referrals here).